Montreal, Canada – Full Time
Who we are
Lynx Compliance Technologies Inc. is a Montreal based technology startup specializing in the development of capital markets compliance software applications. Our solutions allow Self Regulatory Organizations (SRO’s) and Broker Dealers to manage and supervise their regulatory records and their trading activities on multiple exchanges.
Our team, culture and products mean a lot to us. We thrive in a fast-paced, casual environment with a teamwork-centric and supportive culture. The person we're looking for is not only an analyst but also someone who wants to take ownership over their work and have a meaningful contribution. You would be working side by side with the founding members of the team, conceptualizing, building, testing, and iterating the applications and their integrations.
The Analyst will be a critical member of the team that will be analyzing requirements, conceptualizing and designing Lynx’s core products: Lynx-SP the trade surveillance platform and Lynx RMS the regulatory record management application.
- Analyze client business procedures, gather requirements
- Translate business requirements into wireframes and detailed functional specifications to be used by developers and the varying stakeholders
- Liaise with developers to implement designs
- Participate in team product development discussions and contribute to problem resolution
- Ensure solutions are viable and cohesive with existing applications.
- Perform exploratory testing to ensure applications meet requirements and expectations
- Identify opportunities for application improvements post-implementation
Education & Experience
- University degree or college diploma relevant to IT business analysis or computer science, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years of similar or relevant work experience
- Technical writing skills that produce clear and unambiguous deliverables
- Must be capable of big picture thinking to analyze beyond the immediate solution and identify all impacts and risks.
- Proficient planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently
- Ability to bridge communication amongst technical and non-technical project staff and stakeholders
- Critical thinker
- Possess a positive and willing attitude, self-motivated and can work with minimal supervision
Nice to have
- Experience in Balsamiq mock-ups or similar wireframing applications
- Experience with Atlassian planning and tracking software products
- Experience in creating test plans, test cases to effectively test applications.
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
- Capital markets industry experience