Full Stack Java Developer
Montreal, Canada – Full Time
Who we are
Lynx Compliance Technologies Inc. is a Montreal based technology startup specializing in the development of capital markets compliance software applications. Our solutions allow Self-Regulatory Organizations (SRO’s) and Broker Dealers to manage and supervise their regulatory records and their trading activities on multiple exchanges.
Our team, culture and products mean a lot to us. We thrive in a fast-paced, casual environment with a teamwork-centric and supportive culture. The person we're looking for is not only a full stack developer but also someone who wants to take ownership over their work and have a meaningful contribution. You would be working side by side with the founding members of the team, conceptualizing, building, testing, and iterating the applications and their integrations.
We are currently looking to hire a full stack developer for a new product currently in development. The Lynx RMS application is a regulatory record management system that enables self-regulatory organizations to automate their regulatory processes in a simple and intuitive web application environment.
- Analyze, conceptualize, develop and maintain web applications / features
- Work across the entire web stack using the Java Play framework
- Follow best practices to write clean, tested and scalable code
- Provide key solutions and ideas to enhance functionality and design as seen fit
- Coordinate with the team to ensure overall project success
- Participate in team product development discussions and contribute to problem resolution
- Document source code, redact and maintain procedures relative to responsibilities.
Education & Experience
- University degree or college diploma relevant to computer science, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years of similar or relevant work experience.
- Experience in Java development
- Experience with an MVC framework
- Familiarity with SQL and database development
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT
- Experience in third party API integrations
- Ability to deliver quality & performing code.
- Critical thinker
- Pure tenacity
- Interest in continuously improving your skill set and our core product
- Work independently
- Can troubleshoot in a team on technical challenges
- Positive attitude.
Nice to have
- Capital markets industry experience
- Experience with applications handling large volumes of data.